Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Reading Notes: The Divine Archer Part A

  • Dasaratha has four sons with three wives
    • Kaushalya is the mother of Rama
    • Kaikeyi is the mother of Bharata
    • Sumitra is the mother of Lakshmana and Shatrughna
  • Vedas: are a large body of text (Only the superhuman was considered able to read them) 
    •  It would be interesting if the Hogwarts Library in my storybook had a copy and that is how the Patil sisters knew how to defeat Lord Ravana
  • Rama and Lakshmana go with Visvamitra to fight demons when they come across the city of
    Videha, where Janaka is king (Janka is the father of Rama's future wife, Sita) 
  • Kind of like the sword of Godric Griffindor, I could have the new weapon be the bow of Vishnu, which Rama strings after winning the hand of Sita 
  • Simsapa tree can be my Indian version of the Whomping Willow 
    • This is the tree that Lakshmana, Rama and Sita rest under after Rama's banishment 
  • He places a pair of Rama's sandals to place on the king's throne until Rama's exile is over.
    • Since the Deathly Hallows were instrument in defeating Lord Voldemort I know I need to find a new version of them to add to my story 
      • So far I think the sandals of Rama could be one of them
  • Rama and Lakshmana reject a demon women who tries to seduce them. Lakshmana then mutilates the woman and the women runs to her brother, who is Ravana
    • This backstory will be important in setting my scene for my story 
  • What is so important about this story in terms of my storybook is the different bows Rama weilds
    • He snaps one to win Sita and he is gifted with Vishnu's bow: both of these are relevant in defeating Lord Ravana 



Here is Rama with the bow of Vishnu. Web Source

The Divine Archer by F. J. Gould (1911)

No comments:

Post a Comment