Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Story Planning: The Rise of Lord Ravana

This week, I chose to do a story planning post because I wanted to iron out the details for my upcoming addition to my storybook! I will include some background on my storybook, to help catch everyone up! I would love to know your thoughts on the direction I go in!


Storybook: 

  • Harry Potter Themed 
    • 4 Hogwarts Houses are named after the Rama and his brothers
    • Lord Voldemort is now Lord Ravana 
    • The Pandava Brothers (who are now ghosts) will help Harry, Ron and Hermione defeat Lord Ravana 
      • They will also be assisted by the Patil Sisters
New Story:
  • So in my new story I need to introduce Lord Ravana (who, until this moment was assumed dead) 
  • One idea is I could have him attack the school
    • While McGonagall in my story has a hunch that Lord Ravana is back it has not been confirmed by the public 
    • An attack on Hogwarts would be sudden and throw the students into the midst of it. This would be a great way to get my characters to interact and to start working with the Pandava Brothers to stop him
  • The next idea is that Dumbledore or McGonagall could announce to the class that the school is on lockdown because the Dark Lord is back
    • This would fit into my theme of having McGonagall in the story and it would present as a great way to introduce the Dark Lord's return 
    • This would basically run like a press conference to the entire school
Different Elements:
  • Another element I want to add into the comping story is the perceived hierarchy presented in both stories 
    • Some wizards think they are better than muggles 
    • Some Indian families think they are better than others
    • For example, when the monk visits the different women and they each have a different afflicted child. The only one to have a normal child is the servant, who would have been seen as lesser in that story. 
    • All of this mixed with the wizards over muggle theme goes back to the idea of Birthright and what you are born with over what you make of yourself.

Mahabharata by Narayan
The Ramayana by R. K. Narayan
Voldemort has returned. Web Source



2 comments:

  1. Hi, Katie! This is a great idea for a story, and I love your in-depth planning for it. I like that you’re altering the background material of Hogwarts, but still maintaining certain characters like Harry, Hermione, Ron, and the Patil sisters. You could definitely combine both your ideas for the story where McGonagall believes Ravana is back, Dumbledore puts Hogwarts in lockdown, Ravana intrudes into Hogwarts, and battle ensues! You might need have to make this a two-part story, but I can’t wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie, I love the story you have planned for next week. Your storybook sounds so creative and I would love to check it out for project feedback. I think you have created some really great ideas and I think having Lord Ravana suddenly appear with an attack on the school would make for an exciting twist since everyone thinks he’s dead!

    ReplyDelete