Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Reading Notes: Ravana Humbled Part A

For this week's reading I chose to read Ravana Humbled, so I could get more inspiration for my Lord Ravana character in my Harry Potter remake.


  • The first thing I noticed when reading the comic is of the two main characters that are arguing, Shiva and Parvati, one of them shares a name with one of the Patil Sisters in my Harry Potter story 
    • This would be fun to have Parvati Patil say a story where she was named after the original Parvati 
  • Ravananugraha
    • I did not know there was a story all about Ravana (the demon king)
    • This will be very helpful in my development of Ravana as my new Lord Voldemort
    • From my research I found that after being trapped under the mountain for thousand of years, Shiva finally let him out because of his beautiful singing 
      • Shiva also granted him the sword Chandrahasa.
        • In my version he will use a wand gifted by Shirva
  • I am torn between this Ravana and the one we meet in the Ramayana 
    • This one has so many redeemable qualities that make you forget he is still a demon 
  • Using this new information I need to rethink how I will introduce Lord Ravana back at Hogwarts
  • One idea is I could have him attack the school
    • An attack on Hogwarts would be sudden and throw the students into the midst of it. 
  • The next idea is that Dumbledore or McGonagall could announce to the class that the school is on lockdown because the Dark Lord is back. This would basically run like a press conference to the entire school


An older picture from the cover of Ravana Humbled graphic novel. Web Source

Ravana Humbled: An Arrogant King Finds New Friends 

No comments:

Post a Comment