Thursday, March 30, 2017

Story Planning: The Revenge of Ravana

For this week I am planning my storybook story. This week in my storybook I am introducing Lord Ravana, which is my Indian version of Lord Voldemort. I wanted to spend more time introducing him, because it will be the big climatic shift in my story.

Storybook: 

  • Harry Potter Themed 
    • 4 Hogwarts Houses are named after the Rama and his brothers
    • Lord Voldemort is now Lord Ravana 
    • The Pandava Brothers (who are now ghosts) will help Harry, Ron and Hermione defeat Lord Ravana 
      • They will also be assisted by the Patil Sister
New Story: 
  • My idea for Lord Ravana (which was influenced by the comments on my last story) is to introduce him by having him attack the school 
    • This sudden appearance of Ravana will not only be a big action sequence for my story but it will allow all of the characters to react
      • An attack on Hogwarts would be sudden and throw the students into the midst of it. This would be a great way to get my characters to interact and to start working with the Pandava Brothers to stop him
    • In my last story I stated that McGonagall  has a hunch that Lord Ravana is back, but never confirmed it with her students or the faculty
      • Because of this McGonagall will be a major character in the preparation in fighting Ravana
  • The main characters I will focus on for this story are the Patil Sisters, Harry, Ron and Hermione with a small appearance from the Pandava Brothers (they will be the ones who initially tell the students the information needed to stop Ravana) 
Mahabharata by Narayan
The Ramayana by R. K. Narayan



Fight scene at the Department of Mysteries. Web Source 


1 comment:

  1. I love that you took your love of Harry Potter and brought it to your storybook. It is such a creative idea and there are so many options that you can have when writing your stories. Having Ravana take place of Lord Voldemore is a great idea! He is so evil so turning Ravana into this evil identity for your storybook sounds great! I also love the gif that you include!
    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete