Saturday, April 1, 2017

Famous Last Words: Almost there

These last few weeks are in my opinion the hardest! You have so many papers to do and tests to ace that it can be overwhelming when you take a step back and look at what needs to get done! My saving grace these past few weeks is my lists! I love lists! Whether they are in my planner or on my weekly layout they help me organize my life and stop my mini freak-outs.

This week I read a lot of great pieces! It is so cool to see how people incorporate their favorite things into their stories. A great way to do this is to just look at the things you use in your daily life and incorporate that into your story. For example if you like Pride and Prejudice, you could consider what would happen if Mr. Darcy had a cell phone? Would it revolutionize the way Elizabeth and Darcy fell in love?

This creates an instant twist to these well known stories! Other than that, things are going well in my other classes! I have almost survived my first semester of graduate school, which is a big accomplishment for me. I feel like all of the writing this class requires has made writing easier for me. I have always loved writing but this class has pushed me to write on a deadline, which is great for my time management!

Overall, the best thing I have learned from this class is to get ahead while you can!! When you get bogged down in other classes its a nice breeze to have the work for this class done early! I hope I can continue getting ahead as I finish out the year!
This is me this weekend as I try to finish all of my homework! Web Source 

No comments:

Post a Comment