Thursday, April 13, 2017

Story Planning: The Patil Sisters

  • Harry Potter Themed 
    • 4 Hogwarts Houses are named after the Rama and his brothers
    • Lord Voldemort is now Lord Ravana 
    • The Pandava Brothers (who are now ghosts) will help Harry, Ron and Hermione defeat Lord Ravana 
      • They will also be assisted by the Patil Sister
  • New Story 1
  • For my story planning I really want to outline the different ways I can introduce the Patil Sisters into my storybook. I only have time to add two more stories to my storybook so I need to make sure I am quick to introduce the characters
  • Idea Number 1
    • If you've read my storybook then you know that my POV has been from McGonagall's perspective, one idea I have for my new story is just to start from the perspectives of the Patil Twins 
    • This would be an easy way to introduce their characters more into the story. I am worried that by adding their POV into the story suddenly like that, that my readers might get confused. 
  • Idea Number 2
    • Is continue like normal with McGonagall's POV and then have it switch mid-story. Either way, I think in order to have the twins become the focal point we will need to switch over to their point of view
  • New Story 2
    • This week I also want to plan my last Storybook story. 
    • In my last story I will need a resolution to the conflict between my main characters and my villain, Lord Ravana. 
    • For this, one of my ideas is to have the ghosts of the castle (If you are unfamiliar with the Harry Potter series, the ghosts I'm referring to live in the Hogwarts castle, where the students go to school) aid the students in defeating Lord Ravana
      • I have already set the scene with this in my earlier stories. I have introduced the Pandava brothers who could help fight Lord Ravana. 
      • Within in this I would bring in the divine "magical" gifts that each of the brothers had. This would add an element of surprise to my existing story. 

Mahabharata, Epic of the Bharatas by Romesh C. Dutt


These are the Patil Sisters with Ron and Harry at the Yule Ball in The Goblet of Fire (Movie 4). Web Source

2 comments:

  1. I think the ideas you have down are very creative. Again, it's awesome that you love Harry Potter so much that you can incorporate it into whatever story you want. I also think it fits very well with the original story you have chosen. Especially Lord Voldemort's character role. Good luck with the story and I'll be looking for the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Katie! For New Story 1, I think you should definitely go with your first idea and just switch perspectives in the Patil Twins (or even just stick a perspective on only one!). I think it’ll be refreshing and would provide the depth you need. As for your Final Storybook Chapter, I think what you have is great, and you could potentially have the resolution be similar to the original HP plot – The great fight could happen and the ghosts (Pandava brothers) interfere with Ravana like the resurrection stone and offer some power to finally defeat the great Lord Ravana.

    ReplyDelete