Monday, March 6, 2017

Week 8 Reflections

Reading
After looking back at my reading posts throughout the week, I am happy with how they have progressed. In the beginning, I was writing more of a plot description in my reading notes, rather than ideas. Since then I have concentrated on focusing more on my ideas. This is extremely helpful when it comes time to write my story, because I can read through my notes and remember what I was thinking. Moving forward I want to try to write less reading notes and more stories ideas to help my Wednesday story writing process go easier. 

Writing
This is always my major assignment of the week. The readings don't take that long, but when it comes to writing my story it takes me a few hours. I often have to edit myself down, because I go over the word count. For my stories moving on I want to see if I can write a short story. Most of my stories up to this point have been long and I think it would push me as a writer to write a short story. It would also be interesting to see how dialogue and plot development changes from a long story to a short story. Moving forward with my writing I also need to practice better time management. With all the writing and commenting that this class requires I am sometimes rushed to do it at the last minute because of my other homework. For the next few weeks I am going to try to get ahead in this class, so I can devote more time to my storybook.

Connecting
I think my fellow students are very talented. I like reading their work because they bring different perspectives and insights to the same readings. I have noticed that the other students have no problem making their stories short and to the point. This is something that I need to work on, so it helps for me to read their work and to understand how they think and write.I love a cliff hanger, but I definitely need to work on bringing my stories to a close without going way over the word count.

Overall, during this reflection I see that I need to work on getting ahead on my daily assignments, so that I have more time to focus on my storybook. It gets hard to balance all of the writing this class requires, but it will be worth it in the end. My goal for the rest of this semester is to get ahead and to write with brevity. Hopefully I will be successful at both!






This is my inspiration for the rest of the semester. Web Source

No comments:

Post a Comment