Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Possum Kingdom Lake, My Favorite Place

My favorite place is Possum Kingdom Lake. It is located outside of Weatherford, Texas and is a nice, breezy, 5-hour drive from my hometown of Lubbock, Texas. My family has been going there for 20 years, and despite what the name might suggest, it is a beautiful lake where people go floating and boating and jet skiing (wow, I really wish I was able to make that last one rhyme!) To me, Possum Kingdom means family, it is the one place where my siblings and I can meet up and take a break from our busy lives. On the lake there is a place called Hell's Gate.


Hell's Gate at Possum Kingdom Lake. Web Source: Wikipedia

It is the perfect place to take your boat on the Fourth of July to watch the fireworks. The fireworks would be shot off of the two peaks as you are driving in through the gate, making the sparks look like they are raining down on you. It was like magic when I was a kid. While Possum Kingdom and Hell's Gate might not sound like a fun place to vacation, but to me it is a irreplaceable part of my childhood. 

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed reading about your favorite place. My favorite part of this post is you comment about making the sentence rhyme. I think that shows your personality in a class that can seem a little impersonal because we never actually meet each other. The image you chose was very beautiful and definitely makes me want to be by the water somewhere.

    ReplyDelete